Starkey hearing aids are known for combining the latest technologies with user-friendly designs suited for wearers of any age or level of hearing loss. At Associated Hearing Professionals, our patients have come to trust this award-winning brand and its comfortable, easy-to-use devices that provide solutions for various hearing problems. Our staff will work diligently with you to find the right product and supporting accessories suited to your needs and lifestyle.
What Are Starkey Hearing Aids?
Starkey provides customizable hearing aids, including styles for all types of hearing loss. Scheduling an appointment with one of our audiologists can help you determine the best style of Starkey hearing aids for your wants and needs. These devices typically involve a four-month adjustment period before you become entirely used to them.
Types of Starkey Hearing Aids
Starkey’s Livio and Picasso hearing aids offer people a wide variety of devices, including the following options:
- Receiver-in-Canal: The Livio devices are available in a variety of color options and feature a very simple design that eliminates the need to make adjustments through buttons or dials. The hearing aid is worn partially on the outside of the ear, but it is small and comfortable, making it a perfect choice for first-time wearers. From patients with mild hearing problems to those experiencing severe hearing loss, receiver-in-canal hearing aids can help produce a pure, clear sound.
- Behind-the-Ear: The world’s most common hearing aid style, this discreet design comes in standard or power options to help aid moderate to severe hearing loss. Available in both the Z Series and the 3 Series, behind-the-ear hearing aids are powerful, comfortable, and easy to use.
- In-the-Canal: Hearing aids situated within the canal offer hearing enhancements while maintaining a discreet appearance. Innovative technology and features are packed in this small design, and each device is custom made to ensure a proper fit.
- Completely-in-Canal: A custom-made option, these hearing aids are almost undetectable to the naked eye. Only the tiny removal handle is visible outside of the ear canal. Faceplate color choices are available for blending with natural skin tones. These devices also come in both the Z Series and the 3 Series for best hearing management.
- In-the-Ear: Hearing devices placed in the outer portion of the ear are easy to insert, remove, and adjust. This model also comes in a variety of color options. These custom hearing aids are ideal for mild to severe hearing loss.
Many of the hearing aids in Starkey’s Livio and Picasso lines have Bluetooth technology so that devices can be synced with iPhones for phone call streaming, offering pristine sound quality and reduced background noise.
Benefits of Starkey Hearing Aids
Starkey hearing aids include rechargeable, wireless, and long-lasting options for grab-and-go convenience. These devices are suited to help treat varying levels of hearing loss and tinnitus. If you’ve experienced hearing issues for an extended amount of time without seeking help from a professional, Starkey devices can help you acclimate to certain sounds that you might have strained to detect previously. With industry-leading technology and options specifically tailored to veterans, Starkey stands out from many other brands that lack these features.
Find help for your hearing difficulties by consulting the team at Associated Hearing Professionals. We offer hearing aid devices, including Starkey hearing aids, hearing tests, and a wide variety of resources for our patients. Contact us today at one of our two locations in Chesterfield and St. Louis, MO to learn more about our services and hearing loss resources.